In the world of grain-free, substitutions rarely emulate the original. Coconut flour, anyone? This recipe however, is the Melania Trump to your Michelle Obama. This pasta’s ability to portray herself as an exact replica of your plate of gluten deliciousness that you miss so much is audacious at the very least. Stunning and delicious as she may be, this pasta is dense (like the ‘home-mades’ my grandmother used to make).
If you’re looking for white-girl spagettes, you’ve come to the wrong blog.
4 Ingredient Paleo Pasta (one serving)
3/4 Cup Almond Flour
1/4 Cup Arrowroot starch
Salt (good salt)
- Mix together everything but the egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg.
- Slowly add dry mix to egg until you can knead it. (If it’s too dry, add a few drops of water.)
- Place dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll to about 1/4 inch.
- Remove top piece of parchment. If your dough is sticking to the paper, add more arrowroot. Slice dough into noodles. (A pizza slicer works great for this.)
- Gently place noodles in boiling water.
- Remove once they float.
- Top with whatever you’d like!
And now, for your viewing pleasure – a hippopotamus with oodles and oodles of noodles.